- 9.2 million people live in the region
Education and research
- There are 34 universities and 340,000 students, 14,000 PhD students. The region is also home to more than ten science parks.
- A region which is well connected through international roads, ferries and trains
- The port of Göteborg is one of the largest in Northern Europe, and handles more than 43 million tons each year, also Copenhagen/Malmö port is an important port in the region.
- Copenhagen International Airport is the largest in Northern Europe with direct flights to more than 120 destinations, in total the region has 10 international airports.